A twist on a classic, this berry-forward drink has a pleasantly sticky sweetness but remains surprisingly refreshing.
- Gin (11⁄2 measures)
- Sloe Gin (1⁄2 a measure)
- Lemon juice (1 measure)
- Simple syrup (1⁄2 a measure)
- Blackberries (4 large)
- Egg white (1 medium)
- Muddle blackberries in a cocktail shaker
- Add gin, sloe gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup to shaker
- Shake well with ice
- Strain into shaker without ice
- Add egg white
- Shake well without ice
- Serve in a chilled champagne coupe
Wait, shake wet then dry?
Yes. This is called the Reverse Dry Shake and is, in my opinion, the absolute best way to shake a sour. You get loads more foam than a classic wet shake or traditional dry shake (dry-then-wet) and a far cleaner separation between the foam and the rest of the drink for a striking visual.